March 12, 2008

More from my paper bag journal


I love working on the pages of this journal . . . I got the idea to make this journal using grocery store paper bags from Judy Wise (Nov 2, 2007 post) who shared the idea on her blog several months ago. I cut all the pages first from the bags and then painted the pages with a student grade runny gesso. Next I made signatures and sewed them into a book. My journal is made from six large grocery bags. I make my journals like Teesha Moore - visit here on her website where she generously gives instructions on how to make one. Try one - I hope you'll like working on paper bags too!

5 comments:

Seth said...

Fantastic pages. I love the muted tones and vintage look.

Carla Sonheim said...

You are the BEST art journaler!

Sweet Petunia said...

Love your pages...can't wait to see you! Hugs!

Holly Loves Art said...

Lovely journal! Great blog! Happy spring and happy Easter to you.

Holly
Los Angeles, CA

edina said...

Great journal pages! I saw the little blurb about you in the latest Art & Life zine, too. Congratulations! :)